Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mistakes, Time, and Regret

You made a mistake, a BIG mistake. You have let everyone down including your family, your friends, and even the people you most admire.
There your are...sitting in an empty room, wondering about all the things you could have done to change your mistakes.
That was me two years ago when my highschool report card had arrived and revealed a never ending line of Straight C's. My college hopes had been tarnished, and all I wanted was some sort of Genie to take me back to the past. If given that oppurtunity, I would have surely taken advantage of it, but will I have learned my lesson?
The answer is no. Mistakes are a part of life and in order to succeed you first need to fail. In fact the more mistakes you make while you are young, the better chance you have at succeeding later on in life. The one thing one has to commit to is to focus on learning from those mistakes so you do not repeat them.
Lets flash foreward now and say that I am at UCLA and I start falling into the same habbits that occured when I was not doing so well in High School. Without having done that mistake, I would not have been able to fix myself in time and most likely would have ended with similar results.
History doesn't repeat itself, but the mistakes of history do.
Sorry for sounding to preachy. this thing is kinda new to me

No comments: